EMEA Waris portables and mobiles GP340) alignment and FW

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Shuttle

EMEA Waris portables and mobiles GP340) alignment and FW

Post by Shuttle »

Hi all!

I'm preparing myself to check and align about 20 professional series radios, mostly GP330, a pair of GP340, a GM360 and a CM360.
All radios are VHF

I do have the Global tuner R02.18.00, Pro 5tone CPS R03.11.16, RLN4460B, rib, assorted cables and so forth. The service monitor is a used R&S CMU200 with AMPS software (dag-nabit those 30kHz steps, I have to fiddle with the offset) connected to a trimble GPSDO, so those are sorted.

The firmware from upgradekit R03.17.01 went nicely into my two spare radios. I did the alignment, some things were off, others weren't.

I ran across a few snags tho. After checking the oscillator warp and then the PA bias, I went to align TX power. using 7,5V, I wasn't able to get the 5W required. using 8V input voltage (during transmit) the 5+W came available. Is this normal?

Also, the tuner help files states this about tuning VCO Attn 25kHz:

Code: Select all

Inject 1kHz: -
at an appropriate level for Professional portable, Entry Level Professional (Karisma) ) and Entry Level Portable (ELP – Guppy (CP200), Piranha (CP250), Piranha SELECT 5) radios until 2.3V rms is  measured at the AC/DC METER(radio input) if using test box RLN4460A/B/C. 

at 800mV for Professional mobile and Entry Level Mobile (ELM – Marlin (CM140, CM340), Marlin MidBand (CM340, CM360), Marlin+ (CM160, CM360)) radios until 800mV rms is measured at AC/DC METER (radio input) to the External Microphone Audio Path.
Really? 2,3V? 800mV gives adequate results, IMHO. I wish someone more experienced would give some insight to this.

And the last question that got me writing this in the first place:
Does someone have access to the firmware changelog? I would like to know if there are any updates or fixes that would deem it necessary to update the firmware on the radios.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”