ASTRO25 Mobile CPS R20.01.01 - Tutorials Load Issue

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

ASTRO25 Mobile CPS R20.01.01 - Tutorials Load Issue

Post by wa8iqo »

I'm using ASTRO25 Mobile CPS R20.01.01 on a Windows 7 Pro (x86) Desktop. I have the latest version of FLASH installed. The desktop is a multi-use computer and is not solely dedicated to radio programing only. It was working fine several months ago when I last edited a codeplug. Im wondering if a update or other program is in conflict.

My Issue:

When I attempt to open any of the tutorials via the link's from within the CPS, it open's them using Microsoft FrontPage. FrontPage shows the opened file location as C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\ASTRO\ 25 Products\ASTRO 25 Mobile CPS\Tutorials\Welcome.htm

FrontPage displays the opened file as:

"The CPS Tutorials require Adobe's Flash Player (version 6 or later) to be installed with your Internet Explorer browser. Adobe's Flash Player is easily downloaded from bla, bla, bla..."

I have attempted to resolve this issue by:

1) Repairing the installation threw the installation wizard
2) Uninstalling/Reinstalling CPS as a new installation
3) Ensuring FrontPage is not set as the default run program for the following file formats: FLA, AS, ,XML, SWF, ASC, JSFL
4) Uninstalling FrontPage all together (Uninstalling FrontPage kills all the tutorial hyperlinks. The links will not default back to any location).

I have not been able to locate any area within CPS were I can tell it to open FLASH files using a specific program or application such as a FLASH player.

Any ideas?

WA8IQO
tuckerm

Re: ASTRO25 Mobile CPS R20.01.01 - Tutorials Load Issue

Post by tuckerm »

Change your .htm file extension to IE and see what happens.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Re: ASTRO25 Mobile CPS R20.01.01 - Tutorials Load Issue

Post by wa8iqo »

Yup found the issue. Thanks tuckerm you steered me in the right direction...

Here's how I corrected it:

(1) With CPS running and no codeplug loaded, open the help file.
(2) Select "Options" -> "Internet Options" -> "Programs" -> "Default Web Browser" and ensure IE is the default browser.
(2) In the same window look for "Manage Add-On" and ensure Javia is set to "Enabled".
(3) In the same window look for "HTML Editing". I removed FrontPage and replaced it with Notepad.

Now it works!
Brad - WA8IQO

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”