FSB for APX 5.00.00 FW

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

FSB for APX 5.00.00 FW

Post by MSS-Dave »

Ditto....

So.... just load 5.01.01 and see what fails then. :lol:
FSB NUMBER: FSB10481
Government and Public Safety APC: 655, 481
1301 E. Algonquin Road DATE: Dec-2010
Schaumburg, IL. 60196 EXPIRES: 31-Dec-2011
Page 1 of 1
The information contained in this bulletin is intended for use by trained, professional technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to perform the
service described above. If applicable, enter this information or note this bulletin number and subject material in the appropriate equipment instruction manuals and
make necessary schematic diagram changes. Labor and/or parts warranty reference is limited to products sold and in use in the United States. For products sold and in
use Internationally, this bulletin is for informational purposes only. Radios that are Agency Approved must follow designated agency guidelines. MOTOROLA and the
Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other trademarks, product, or service names are the property of their respective owners.
BULLETIN TYPE: Informational Only
SUBJECT: APX6000 and APX7000 models with dual displays – 3 position (A/B/C) switch is working
differently than expected with R05.00.00 firmware (Host and DSP).
MODEL / SYSTEM AFFECTED:
APX 7000 model with dual displays or APX6000 model 2 or 3 not ordered with the option listed below that were
shipped between Nov. 29 – Dec 21, 2010 denoted by serial number 655/481CLXxxxx and later.
Units updated or upgraded to R05.00.00 firmware are also affected.
Option Description
QA01768 Enhanced Zone Bank
NOTE 1: APX6000/7000 units ordered with single display (model 1, top display only) are not affected.
SYMPTOM:
In prior versions of firmware (R04.00.25 and earlier), the 3 position (A/B/C) switch was set to always be on Zone
Bank “A” (Zones 1, 2 and 3) and no matter what Zone the user had selected or was currently using. By changing
the A/B/C switch, it would change the radio back to Zone 1, 2, or 3 after any change to the A/B/C switch and zone
selected was based on the position of the switch (A = Zone 1, B = Zone 2, C = Zone 3).
When R05.00.00 firmware is loaded into a unit, the Zone Bank feature will, by default, be enabled and cannot be
disabled. This causes the 3 position (A/B/C) switch to toggle only between the 3 zones in whichever Zone Bank
has been selected by the user. For example: If the user has the radio currently on Zone 5 (Zone Bank “B”), the
A/B/C switch will only toggle between Zones 4, 5 and 6 or if the radio is on Zone 8 (Zone Bank “C”), the A/B/C
switch will only toggle between Zones 7, 8 and 9 and so on. (This is the expected behavior on a model 1 radio.)
CAUSE:
A feature interaction change with the existing Zone control functionality
RESOLUTION:
Any units that exhibit the above listed symptom(s) should update the radio firmware to R05.01.01 or later to resolve
this issue and will remove the Zone Bank feature from the dual display model radios. The R05.01.01 firmware can be
obtained by downloading from Motorola On-Line at the following location: Resource Center > Software > Two-Way >
APX Family Portables and Mobiles or by contacting the Motorola Post Sales Subscriber Technical Support team at 1-
800-927-2744.
NOTE 2: Model I (single display model) units can be update to R05.01.01 also, if desired, with no loss of current
functionality of the Zone Bank feature.
SEVERITY RECOMMENDATION:
Low - Perform when system exhibits above symptoms
PARTS REQUIRED (HARDWARE/SOFTWARE):
R05.01.01 or later firmware (available via download from Motorola On-Line)
LABOR ALLOWANCE
This is an informational bulletin. No labor warranty is implied, intended or authorized.
resqguy911

Re: FSB for APX 5.00.00 FW

Post by resqguy911 »

So far, the update cures all ailments noted. It's a young product.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

Since I upgraded to 5.00.00 my channel announce is acting up like it did back in version 4.00.05. I just upgraded to 5.01.01 and channel announce is still fagged up. I guess we're now quality checkers for Moto.
Stu
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

WB4JGI wrote:I just upgraded to 5.01.01 and channel announce is still fagged up. I guess we're now quality checkers for Moto.
5 major releases in 1 year for the APX.

7 major releases for TRBO in 2 1/2 years.

Astro15 is up to 15 major releases and with all the problems I'm sure it'll make it to 20 before EOL.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

WB4JGI wrote:Since I upgraded to 5.00.00 my channel announce is acting up like it did back in version 4.00.05. I just upgraded to 5.01.01 and channel announce is still fagged up. I guess we're now quality checkers for Moto.
What is the issue? We don't use that feature.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

I stand corrected I was at Host/DSP 4.00.00 and that's when my channel announce started messing up. What happens is posted here: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=92172.

But in short after the channel would announce itself the speaker would still be active but with no audio passing through. In other words the speaker would not mute and you would miss traffic on that channel for about 3-7 seconds after which the speaker would emit a beep and then mute and allow traffic to pass. As far as I'm concerned 4.00.25 is the best and most stable release out thus far. To bad I can't go back to it.
Stu

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”