MCS2000 CPS unable to run - "specified file not found"

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd2pm
What radios do you own?: cdm/ht 1550 mts/mcs 2000, vert

MCS2000 CPS unable to run - "specified file not found"

Post by kd2pm »

I am suspecting its something that did not get loaded when I installed XP but after installing R02.02 everytime I try to start the program I get the box error that it cannot find the specified file, but of course it doesnt tell you what that file is.

If I knew what windows files the CPS needed I could probably manually load them.

Anyone have any ideas what the error could be eluding to?
kd2pm
What radios do you own?: cdm/ht 1550 mts/mcs 2000, vert

Re: MCS2000 CPS unable to run - "specified file not found"

Post by kd2pm »

OK, so now my MTS2000, MCS2000 and Astro/Saber (XTS3000) CPS will not work and all of them state the specififed file is missing...Which file could it be that is missing?
theplague

Post by theplague »

it can mean that you don't have a com port in the computer. Ive always fixed it when its happened to me by installing a USB serial cable and the problem went away
EMS Geek

Post by EMS Geek »

Have you tried copying all the .dll files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola to the C:\Program Files\Motorola\MCS2000 or wherever the .exe lives?
That has usually worked for me.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”