Astro 25 CPS 16.00.00

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

khw
What radios do you own?: Quantars, Quantros, APX, XTS..

Astro 25 CPS 16.00.00

Post by khw »

============================================
ASTRO 25 Mobile CPS R16.00.00
============================================

- Windows 7 is supported in R15.00.00 CPS and higher.
- The vendor is phasing out support for the parallel port adapter DS1410E. Motorola will not support the parallel port on Windows 7 or x64 bit machines starting with R15.00.00 CPS.
- If both portable and mobile CPS's are used, it is recommended to update both at the same time, and tutorials should be installed with BOTH versions.
- POP25 feature is NOT supported with VISTA operating system.

New Radio Features Supported:
=============================

NOTE: FIRMWARE VERSION R16.00.00 or HIGHER IS REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING FEATURES TO WORK IN THE RADIO:

- 900MHz P25 trunking for XTS and XTL - Data through DVRS - NAT operation for Digital Conventional Data

Detailed information for each of these features can be found in the CPS help. Help can be accessed from the CPS menu by selecting Help-> CPS Help Topics.

Changes to Default Values:
==========================

-Options->Timer Options->Flashport USB Timer has been increased to 30 seconds. This was done in order to increase reliability on slow machines but will also increase flashing time. Users with fast machines can adjust this timer downward to shorten flash time as long as they see no failures.

Customer Reported Issues Resolved:
==================================

- System Key Administrator tool can NOT be launched with local Administrator on a domain machine.

Known Issues: =============

1) Drop down items in table fields cannot be accessed when using Windows XP
Professional "Windows XP Style" display. If this issue is encountered, change the display setting to "Windows Classic Style" for proper functionality.
file:///D|/Work/Patriarch%20CPS%207.11%20and%207.11.5/7.11/R16_CPS_ReadMe_Mobile.txt (3 of 7) [7/20/2011 2:40:28 PM]
file:///D|/Work/Patriarch%20CPS%207.11%20and%207.11.5/7.11/R16_CPS_ReadMe_Mobile.txt

2) Attempting to Read from or Write to a radio with the CPS while the Tuner, Data Link Manager, or synchronization software for a PDA is open and communicating with a radio will cause a communication failure.

3) Due to French import laws, the Microsoft encryption support used to create archive (.cpg) files with the CPS (Customer Programming Software) is not available on the French version of the Windows Operating Systems. Therefore, there is no way to save archive files when the CPS is installed on the French version of Windows. Until import laws are changed such that Microsoft can provide encryption support, this feature can not be addressed.

4) Under Tools->FLASHport->Read Radio Configuration, closing the dialog box by pressing the 'X' in the upper right of the dialog while the application is still busy (the cursor is shaped like an hourglass) may terminate the application.

5) Memory issues have been reported when 3 or more sessions of the CPS are open at the same time.

6) Very seldom, communication errors might be encountered during radio read/write, if this happens, reset the radio and try again.

7) If Logitech MouseWare version 9.76 is installed on the PC, it causes Tools>Reports to fail and enter corrupt data in the registry. This occurs when an ampersand is entered as part of a Zone Channel name. If the MouseWare is either removed or upgraded to MouseWare version 9.79.1 or later, it resolves the problem.

8 ) PDA application does not support HPD 1000 radios. 9) Once starting to read or write codeplug via POP25, the process can't
be cancelled. Depending on the size of codeplug, this process could take long time (3 to 8 minutes). 10) Please avoid saving an invalid codeplug with "~" characters in table fields.
Doing so may cause the application to terminate. 11) If a communications error is encountered when attempting to Clone HPD 1000
radios (mostly while running in Windows 2000), in the CPS, under View -> Options -> Timer Options tab, change the value of 'Clone/Read/Write Timer (sec)' field to '5' or higher.

12) If a communications error is encountered when attempting to FLASHport update radios, in the CPS, under View -> Options -> Timer Options tab, change the set the value of 'FLASHport Timer' fields to '40' or higher

13) If an Advanced System Key(ASK) fails to load, close the currently open codeplug and reopen it. The System Key should be active, even though an error message may appear.

14) When formatting an Advanced System Key, the 'Initialize' message may appear several times. Please select 'Cancel' to proceed.

15) 'Failsoft Connect Tone' field can only be Advanced System Key protected if 'Connect Tone' is also protected. Specific protection for this field is not supported.

16) Voice Files do NOT get copied when using POP25 feature. 17) "Preset Zone and Channel Enable" should NOT be enabled when using a DTMF mic. 18) Help files may not open after importing a csv file. If so, close and re-open CPS for the help files to open successfully. 19) Codeplug archive names should not exceed 30 characters on Windows 7 and VISTA. 20) Users of the Network Radio Programmer on Windows 7 64-bit machines may see a "Program Compatibility Assistant" popup displayed during installation. This is due to Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 compatibility issues with those machines. After continuing the installation by clicking the "Run program" button on the popup, the Network Radio Programmer feature can still be used on the machine.
file:///D|/Work/Patriarch%20CPS%207.11%20and%207.11.5/7.11/R16_CPS_ReadMe_Mobile.txt (4 of 7) [7/20/2011 2:40:28 PM]
file:///D|/Work/Patriarch%20CPS%207.11%20and%207.11.5/7.11/R16_CPS_ReadMe_Mobile.txt

21) Control Head Sync Choose Radio Configuration dialogue does not fit on all screen resolutions 22) Attempting to Read from or Write to a radio with the CPS before the radio has enumerated will cause a communication failure.
Kevin
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Re: Astro 25 CPS 16.00.00

Post by N4DES »

On the portable release notes it states that the scan list for trunking will increase to 15 in addition to the 900 MHz P25 capability. Of course you need Firmware 16 that hasn't been released yet. :roll:
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

My friend already confirmed 15 for the trunking scanlist on his R15.00.09 XTS5000. He's quite happy this morning!
Scott, W2SJW
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

w2sjw wrote:My friend already confirmed 15 for the trunking scanlist on his R15.00.09 XTS5000. He's quite happy this morning!
The 5000 could already do 15 channel scanlists when not using multi-system scan. This increase is only for the lower tier radios.

"Maximum Number of Scan list members for Priority Monitor/Conventional Scan
increased to 15 for XTS2000, XTS2250, XTS2500 and ATS3000."
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

Ahh, thanks for the clarification!

My friends are still envious of the 50-talkgroup limit on my 7000. That, and the 30 on conventional makes this thing a dream (although I never tried a multi-system setup to see if it stays at 50).
Scott, W2SJW
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

w2sjw wrote:Ahh, thanks for the clarification!

My friends are still envious of the 50-talkgroup limit on my 7000. That, and the 30 on conventional makes this thing a dream (although I never tried a multi-system setup to see if it stays at 50).
Multi-system scan on the 7000 was knocked down to *5* systems from the 10 in the Astro25 series. When adding TGs to the list, if you try to add anything from a 6th system it will bonk- or if thru CPS it will go invalid red. However, I have found the 50 TG scanlist in Priority Monitor to be a great tool for situational awareness. I can't tell you how many times I have been able to redirect people who were inadvertently on the wrong TG, wondering why nobody would answer them.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”