APX Mobile & Portable Firmware R06.05.05 Released

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RADIO43
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: 900 MHZ APX4000

APX Mobile & Portable Firmware R06.05.05 Released

Post by RADIO43 »

New Firmware up on MOL.

1 Issue Update / 1 New CPS Feature:

O9 Control Head switch function issue Issue Update
Write Password Protection Feature now supported New CPS Feature
In Time of Crisis, You will Not Rise to the Occasion but Rather Default to your Level of Training!
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Re: APX Mobile & Portable Firmware R06.05.05 Released

Post by N4DES »

Just popped it in to a 7K...no problems with normal functions, at least so far.
cgroftmc

Post by cgroftmc »

Anybody notice that it's a little more sensitive to over deviation after the FW upgrade? Seems like my 7000 is clipping more than before on the Hammy freqs.

Craig
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

I've noticed it a tiny bit on our county's UHF paging channel for FD & EMS.

Also, it appears the trick of receiving P25 systems without affiliating disappeared sometime between here & R06.00.00... :(
Scott, W2SJW
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

w2sjw wrote: Also, it appears the trick of receiving P25 systems without affiliating disappeared sometime between here & R06.00.00... :(
Scott,

Just to clarify - are you referring to scanning via scan list while sitting on a conventional channel -
OR - actually sitting on the trunked system using TX inhibit?

Thanks,
SD.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I was building a PC for a friend last night.

I was actually sitting on the TRS with the radio inhibited. Also, I apparently discovered that deliberately altering the CC TX frequencies does not stop the radio from affiliating. I have a friend on that system & we tested my APX with a spare FD fleet portable's UID - the radio got a channel grant & gave me talk permit tone.

Can anyone explain how the hell THAT happened? Anyways, the system is on the short-list to be deleted from my radio. I'm not putting anyone's life in danger, even though the UID was from a spare radio.

I've talked to others here on PM about these other solutions for scanning the system - I've got to go back & read the description again about scanning from a conventional channel...
Scott, W2SJW
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

I would definitely recommend trying out the conventional scan list approach with TX inhibit. I find that Elroy's trick works extremely well. And I suspect that this will still work. It's fairly well documented in a number of other threads.

Back to the R06.05.05 discussion.

I have been using this on my radio for a few days. I have noticed strange RX performance issues. I have noticed the clipping issue on many analog conventional VHF RX frequencies. Even with fairly good signal strength, some signals are clipping off. I tried adjusting the squelch setting, thinking maybe it was related to that.. but no real difference observed yet. I have also had issues with some of my VHF conventional P25 systems. Even with a decent signal, I'm noticing a pile of the gobbily-wobbles where previously everything was great.

Another interesting observation. I fired up the tuner, hoping to re-align the front end. And noticed that the RX tuning options have vanished. Interesting.

I'm wondering if this is going to become one of those semi-notorious firmware versions.

Cheers,
SD.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”