E&M (local remote) control of MTR3000 in digital control

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

E&M (local remote) control of MTR3000 in digital control

Post by RFguy »

I have an application where a user us currently controlling an analog MTR3000 repeater via E&M type control. It's an interface to their console system where they use RX/TX audio pairs as well as PTT from their console. It works well in analog, but they are transitioning to digital.

I don't believe this type of interface will work in digital, so what are my options?

The only thing I've come up with is to go to a control station. Move the control lines to a base station (XPR5350/5550) and have the console access the repeater that way.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
ve3nsv

Re: E&M (local remote) control of MTR3000 in digital control

Post by ve3nsv »

Yes you'll need a control station unless you're using a console that does direct integration to a TRBO system like Avtec and a few other vendors do.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

... and the Avtec doesn't work perfectly.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

Evening RFGuy,

Your other option is with the SLR8000 which offers a local control of the station from the front of the unit.

Interface is a mic port but everything says you can route analog audio and PTT to the unit.

Not sure if there is a way for COR to come from the front but may be possible from the rear on digital transmission reception

One note, you may need to hack up a front microphone for your mission as the SLR may require IMPRES single wire as does the mobile units.

Not impossible but out on the thin branch

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”