SLR5700 GPIO PL/Talkgroup Detect Function

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batboard $upporter

SLR5700 GPIO PL/Talkgroup Detect Function

Post by 515 »

Does a SLR5700 GPIO pin programmed to the PL/Talkgroup Detect function do anything in the digital mode?

I tried it with one here running R02.07.00.04, and wired a 2k ohm resistor between the GPIO pin and ground (since it's an open collector output), and only see a logic state change in the analog mode when a subscriber keys the repeater. In digital mode I don't see any change at all when a subscriber keys the repeater.

The help file states two things about the PL/Talkgroup Detect function:
"This is an output line used for permitting an output to be activated when the radio is receiving carrier and radio's Unmute Rule has been satisfied on the channel (applicable to Mobile configuration only).

This is an output line that indicates to the user whether the PL/DPL codes received on the channel match those configured in the repeater (applicable to Repeater configuration only)."

That first part about the unmute rule being satisfied sounds like what I want it to do, but I'm not sure how "Mobile Configuration Only" even applies to an SLR5700. I just want something that signals whenever a subscriber is talking on either timeslot in the digital mode.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: SLR5700 GPIO PL/Talkgroup Detect Function

Post by wavetar »

As far as I know, none of the MotoTRBO repeater models have ever had the accessory connector programmable I/O pins do much of anything in digital mode, including the carrier/talkgroup detect. It does work in digital in the mobiles, which is what the CPS help is referring to, since it's the same CPS for all TRBO products.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming that, though.
Radioguy7268
New User

Post by Radioguy7268 »

A little late to the game with my reply, and it's probably not the answer you want to hear (costs $$$) but you might take a look at enabling the digital phone interconnect option (HKVN4049). You basically get a COR function with the repeater operating in Digital mode. Was pin #19 by my notes on an XPR8400. I don't have a unit here to test & see if the COR function is active at all times in digital mode, but I believe it was. Would be worth a call to Tech services to see if it would work.

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”