Ruggedized “R” Saber batteries

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Ruggedized “R” Saber batteries

Post by MT2000 man »

Realizing these are long since gone from Motorola, it seems that there isn’t even an aftermarket battery maker for this. Unless I’m not looking in the right places. All I see are the occasional ones that come up on eBay but those are already long since dead.

What’s everyone doing now with these R radios ? ( besides swapping the cases with a standard case, or just using the R as a museum piece haha ). Really would like to get some R radios up and running again.
SYNTORX71MAN
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String

Re: Ruggedized “R” Saber batteries

Post by SYNTORX71MAN »

I had some MINT Saber R's about 10 years ago and sold them. I searched LONG and HARD and could not find diddly in batteries Shame really. Good luck you have a better chance winning powerball.
When that rope tightens round your neck, You feel the Devil bite your @ss!!
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Yep, I had an absolute mint Astro Saber 2 R and actually ended up selling it to a member here on Batlabs about 5-7 years ago or so. Loved that radio but the batteries were nowhere to be found, even back then. Now forget it.

There’s a seller on eBay selling R Saber batteries but they are all dead. Supposedly you can have them re-celled but no idea what companies would do that / how much that would cost.

Either way - definitely not worth the headaches.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Last new R battery I had was a Christmas gift from my wife probably 10 years ago.. She found it from Panter .. he even sent a christmas card.. in English

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”