XTS3000 antenna jack replacement

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VSP5151

XTS3000 antenna jack replacement

Post by VSP5151 »

Is it possible to replace an XTS3000 antenna jack? I have a broken center pin. I have the 236 page detailed service pdf but I can't find the jack there. I see a coaxial cable near the same area and I see the jack on the PC board where the antenna connector plugs in. It appears the antenna jack is pressed into the metal housing and secured with a pin. Another thought is to replace the jack with a BNC jack of the Motorola part is not available or is not possible to replace. I am using this for amateur use, not commercial. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: XTS3000 antenna jack replacement

Post by MTS2000des »

You replace the rear chassis, which includes the jack.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
VSP5151

Re: XTS3000 antenna jack replacement

Post by VSP5151 »

Thanks for the information. I have a detailed service manual on the XTS3000 pdf file and did a search for rear chassis, chassis but didn't find a part number. Do you have the part number and a rough idea of the cost? Or is it better buying parts from e-bay ie defective radios, frame parts. And would a 800 mhz frame work on a VHF 144MHz radio? I ordered a frame from e-bay and when I get it, I am considering removing the locking pin and trying to remove the antenna jack which is pressed into the frame. Have you tried this or is this a very bad idea. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”