UHF XTS3000 deaf when not on scan

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

UHF XTS3000 deaf when not on scan

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi all, I’m having a unique issue with a UHF XTS3000, II. When the unit is ON scan it will decode audio perfectly however, when I turn the scan off the radio will not decode audio.
The two analog personalities are set up as receive only, carrier receive squelch, 2.5 kHz narrow band. I tried all three different squelch setting under the unmute/mute type a) standard b) and unmute/Sta mute c) and unmute/or mute and none will allow the audio to open up when not on scan mode. The red LED will blink and when I depress the “monitor” button I will then hear the broadcast.
I’m at a wits end here and don’t know where else to look! I’m know it has something to do with squelch but where?? BTW the squelch threshold is set to 5

Firmware 07.14.00.00 DSP Software N08.03.01

Personality Setting:

RX Options:
Unmute/Mute type (tried all three) a) standard b) And unmute. Std. Mute c) And Unmute, Or mute
Rx Voice/Signal Type: non-ASTRO
Rx Unmute Delay: 2 – 100 ms
Squelch (fine tune): 5

Tx Options:

Transmit Deviation: 2.5 kHz
Channel Spacing: 12.5 kHz.
Tx Voice/Signal type Non-ASTRO

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ScannerDan

Re: UHF XTS3000 deaf when not on scan

Post by ScannerDan »

No One??

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
trumpetman12

Post by trumpetman12 »

Do you have MDC1200 or QCII enabled for any of the channels in question? I seem to recall the squelch type is set to AND by default and should be set to OR, but it's been a while since I've messed with ASTRO radio programming.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

No I do not have any signaling enabled for this is a receive only personality with CSQ on the receive frequency.

Dispatch229
New User

Post by Dispatch229 »

Your squelch type is wrong.

Its in the Personality menu either in General or RX options (I can't recall and my toughbook battery is being recalibrated at the moment).

There will be a pull down menu called squelch type. Change that value from 'AND' to 'OR'.

That should resolve your issue.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Thank you problem resolved :)

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”