NTN1606 remote mounting

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

NTN1606 remote mounting

Post by ScannerDan »

Is it possible to remote mount a NTN1606 XTS Vehicular Adapter in the trunk and then use cat 5 cable to wire the MOTOROLA PLN7737B HANDHELD CONTROL HEAD and speaker into the cab of the vehicle?

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: NTN1606 remote mounting

Post by spectragod »

You can remote it, but there is no provision to turn the radio off from the control head.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by ScannerDan »

I believe that the unit has a ignition sense wire but I can live with not turning off the radio from the control head. Thank you for your reply

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

You are correct, unfortunately it doesn't turn the radio on/off. I am sure that something could be hex edited into the radio for operation, I also know that this was looked into several years ago and it just sort of faded away.

Good luck, let the board know if you find anything.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”