astro spectra mobiles out of band

Moderator: Queue Moderator

saberjerk

astro spectra mobiles out of band

Post by saberjerk »

In the model specific section of batlabs under astro mobiles there is a section on being able to operate out of band by moding the runtime.odb file.

"Out of Band Information

If you are using Depot Version B03.04.00 you should be able to change the bandsplits by hex editing the Runtime.odb file.

Search for the bottom/top of the bandsplit you are trying to change (on the ASCII side) and change it. There should be something like seven different places you need to change."

My question is has anybody ever seen a Depot Version B03.04.00 for astro mobiles ??
I have the version for astro saber portables. This program does not read astro spectra radios. At least I've not been able to get it to.
Just wondering if it even exists ?
d119

Re: astro spectra mobiles out of band

Post by d119 »

Every out of band modification I've ever done involving ASTRO Spectra mobiles just used the normal CPS, with a hex edit to the EXE file.
saberjerk

Post by saberjerk »

Ok thanks d119 for the response. I will look into the cps.

But that didn't answer my question on the astrolab for astro spectra's.

Has anyone tried the procedure in the model specific section for astro mobiles ?
Did the B03.04.00 version of astrolab read your spectra ?
I think this must be an error because I have never gotten it to read any of my mobiles. Even the radios with dos code plugs.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

MTSX Depot is generally used with the Astro line I don't think you'll get very far going that route. IIRC Astro Depot is asking for trouble?? Edit the codeplug, it's well-documented
d119

Post by d119 »

You guys need to keep in mind that the Batlabs.com site is WAY behind in information. Most of it is no longer current, and is from the mid-90's to early 2000's.

Methods and software versions have changed, things have gotten a bit easier with CPS, and references to labtools being required for the job are no longer the case.

Again, if you search around, you'll find out how to modify standard off-the-shelf CPS to take your ASTRO mobiles and portables out of band with ease. I'm sure we can discuss it here, but before we re-hash it, search around a bit.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

To go out of band with CPS and mobiles or portable follow essentially this guide:

http://batlabs.com/wincps.html

It's simple, it works, and it does not require way-out-date tools that will more than like trash you radio.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”