XTL2500 SCAN

Post by STEVE W »

what should the scan screen be set as so when in scan it will not jump zones
thanks
Steve
Jim202

Re: XTL2500 SCAN

Post by Jim202 »

Scan on an XTL radio is rather straight forward. If you have multiple personalities set for the channels in the zone you think your using, it might cause the radio to go to different zones. I never try to cross zones with the different personalities. I try to keep the same zone using the same personality.

That doesn't say you have to do this. But it sure saves you from pulling out your hair trying to figure out why the radio is doing strange things.

It might help by putting the channels and what personalities they use into a spread sheet so you can keep track of what your programming. I always have to go back and double check my programming to make sure I did what I thought I was planning to do the first time through. It is not uncommon to have the wrong personality set on the channels.

Jim
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

I do not have any frequiencies in both zones or scan lists. I still do not have what the settings should be.
Thanks
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

it also reverts to home mode when nothing is being transmitted
thanks
Steve
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

None of this is making very much sense. What are you trying to get it to do? Perhaps posting your Codeplug would help.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

Got my problem solved
lyndonrescue13
New User

Post by lyndonrescue13 »

What solved it... I am having some similar problems..?
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Setting up an XTL radio can be confusing. I have found over the years that it is much easier to keep the zone, scan list and personality all the same number. That way it is much simpler to make changes and find problems much faster. Then before you try to save the codeplug in the computer, you can click on the view selection at the top left of the screen and look at the error selection and see if by some chance you have an error that the software will stop the file from being saved or wrote to the radio.

I have some 50 zones in my radios because I travel around the country so much. i set up a zone for a region I will be in and am only limited to the number of modes (channels) I want to scan in that region. Some zones are full with the 15 modes you can have and others may only have maybe 10.

It also makes it much easier to find why a channel may not work in either TX or RX. Many times I find I fat fingered the frequency in wrong or maybe used the wrong tone squelch.

The personality is where you tell it which scan list to use. Again if all the different selections of zone, personality and scan use the same number, it is easy to go look at what may be going on.

Jim

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”