XTS5000 P25 Unmute Anomaly

Moderator: Queue Moderator

seleong

XTS5000 P25 Unmute Anomaly

Post by seleong »

I have been working on what's probably a bonehead overlooked parameter - I am hoping a new set of eyes might be able to help me...it is a P25 unmute problem.

With two cloned VHF XTS5000 radios, in simplex mode, the radios talk to each other just fine, clear or coded, narrow or wideband.
When I try to go through a local P25 repeater, the radios do not unmute in either mode (clear/coded, wide/narrow).
I have tried combinations of both narrow or wideband transmissions and I have not solved the issue there.
When I open the squelch on the receiving radio, I do hear the repeated transmission in both modes.
I am trying to go through all the options in the Tx/Rx settings in the CPS to see what I am doing wrong.
I am curious if the Quantar might be programmed "wrong" with unusual Tx parameters that is precluding the handhelds from properly unmuting (i.e., a mixed wide/narrow transmission setting?).

As another data point, I programmed a Quantar on the bench, for P25 operation, narrowband Tx and it works with the handhelds just fine in clear and coded modes.

Curious with these data points if this might give you any ideas where I might look...

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. (Happy Thanksgiving too!)

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”