XTS5000 paging issues

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mattdecker
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF FPP

XTS5000 paging issues

Post by Mattdecker »

Ok. I have read and read threads on here, and on Radio Reference and Google and cannot find a solution to my problem.

I want to have my XTS5000 FPP do Quick Call when our tones are dropped. I want it set up on Channel 1 where the radio stays open all the time and pages when the tones are dropped; I also want my Channel 15 (our page channel) to stay closed until the tones are dropped.

So on my channel 1 I have it setup as: Signalling type is QCII, with Selective call decode checked and unmute type as Or.

Channel 15 is setup as: QCII Signalling type, with Call Alert Decode and In-Call User Alert Enable checked. I also have the VMute option on the screen for this channel.

I have had it setup this way since I got the radio and it will not page when the tones are dropped. Our tones are A-B format and are 553.9 Hz and 584.8 Hz.

Am I missing something that is causing it not to work?

Any help is appreciated. If any more information is needed let me know and I can provide it.

NOTE: This is my personal radio not my departments. They use Kenwoods and I'm not a fan of the Kenwoods they use.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”