XTS5000 Flashcode to analog?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

importjunky
New User

XTS5000 Flashcode to analog?

Post by importjunky »

Hello everyone,

First post!

So obviously I'm new here and a little lost when it comes to getting my radio setup

I just purchased an XTS5000, After reading the codeplug and looking at how its setup, it looks to be setup for Digital operation.

I wanted to see if you can help me get it setup for basic analog operation for use with my fire department. All we need to do is be able to have offset transmit and receive with PL tones. Although I would like to enable as many features as possible while keeping the analog transmit and receive functioning. I was hoping that you guys can point me in the right direction to get this setup.

The person who I bought it off of said the radio is capable of doing so but will need reflashed?

The current info on the radio is as follows..
Flashcode 500004-000002-3
Firmware R12.00.18
UCM R05.0600
Tuning R01.09.13
PSDT R04.00.00

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
Jim202

Re: XTS5000 Flashcode to analog?

Post by Jim202 »

importjunky wrote:Hello everyone,

First post!

So obviously I'm new here and a little lost when it comes to getting my radio setup

I just purchased an XTS5000, After reading the codeplug and looking at how its setup, it looks to be setup for Digital operation.

I wanted to see if you can help me get it setup for basic analog operation for use with my fire department. All we need to do is be able to have offset transmit and receive with PL tones. Although I would like to enable as many features as possible while keeping the analog transmit and receive functioning. I was hoping that you guys can point me in the right direction to get this setup.

The person who I bought it off of said the radio is capable of doing so but will need reflashed?

The current info on the radio is as follows..
Flashcode 500004-000002-3
Firmware R12.00.18
UCM R05.0600
Tuning R01.09.13
PSDT R04.00.00

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

I have been proven wrong before, but the radio should be able to do analog transmissions with no flashing. You will have to go into the personality and set the type of mode you need there. Then make sure the channels (modes) your trying to use reflect the personality you changed for analog operation. If you need scan, that also needs to be set up for the channels you need to be scanned.

You said you read the radio, but didn't indicate if you owned it or used the needed cable and software from a radio shop or friend. To do it yourself, you will need the correct version of the software (CPS) to match the last time the radio was programmed. You will also need to have a programming cable. Depending on the programming cable, you can get a cable with a built in voltage level converter that uses a USB connection to the computer.

Jim
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Just program and go, no flash code changes needed. You might look to have the firmware updated, though.

Astro25 CPS is somewhat complex for a newbie. I'd recommend searching out your local radio geek and having them walk you through the basics.
importjunky
New User

Post by importjunky »

Thanks for the insight.

I enlisted the help of a couple of guys that know more about the XTS line than I do. I've only programmed 1250's and 6550s both from scratch, without having an existing programming set in them

I do personally own the radio and the cable and I'm using a friend's computer and software.

I know the radio was originally programmed in 2009(so I'd imagine an older version of CPS), and we read it with the R20.01.00 CPS.
importjunky
New User

Post by importjunky »

I ended up looking at the Codeplug again. When I click on Conventional personality it doesn't give me the options to enter tx and rx freqs. I have a copy of the codeplug saved. anyone willing to take a look at it?
importjunky
New User

Post by importjunky »

Reading the Flashcode information, the only options enabled are SMARTNET Systems Operation, Enchanced Digital ID Display, Channel Announcement.

All the other options are disabled.. Conventional System Operation ETC..
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

Conventional system operations are included with smart net.

You set analog- non Astro in a personality
Digital - Astro

You set channel frequencies and PLs in the zone allocation.

If in th zone the channel isn't letting you put in PLs. Make sure the channel is directed to a non-Astro personality.

Good luck,
Seth
Seth
importjunky
New User

Post by importjunky »

C17LVFD wrote:Conventional system operations are included with smart net.

You set analog- non Astro in a personality
Digital - Astro

You set channel frequencies and PLs in the zone allocation.

If in th zone the channel isn't letting you put in PLs. Make sure the channel is directed to a non-Astro personality.

Good luck,
Seth

Ahhh.. ok. well now i'm getting somewhere!

The radio still wont let me narrowband. I'm guessing because Q507 - Narrow banding mandate is disabled
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

That's not it. Change the transmit deviation to 2.5 kHz and you'll see it magically changes to 12.5kHz spacing.

Good luck,
Seth
Seth

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”