Users may not create topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the following material (especially pertaining to Motorola copyrighted software, unless you want Motorola to come along and shut this site down):

  • Listing for sale or trade of, or links to sites offering for sale or trade of, or giving away, Radio
    Service Software (RSS) or Customer Programming Software (CPS)
  • Profanity, pornography, defamation, or slanderous remarks directed towards any individual or entity
  • Commercial advertising (except in the Batboard Vendors forum, as approved by the Admin/Mod Staff)
  • Any other items which may be deemed as offensive

If any topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the aforementioned material are brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod Staff, they will be deleted.

Additional FAQ items appear here in Forum Rules. Please review them for posting guidelines and further clarification.

XTL5000 With VRS750

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dispatch229
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby Dispatch229 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:59 pm

The setup: XTL5000 VHF 110W with VRS750 w/ Option W492AG

The issue: Can hear VRS750 audio from portable (low) on XTL speaker, but it won't actually key the mobile radio.

CPS VRS frequency/bandwidth/PL settings are right, vrs turns on and everything on the mobile to portable side works as expected.

So basically everything seems to work expect the VRS won't key the XTL and I'm at a loss here.

Any ideas?

Jim202
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:00 pm

Re: XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby Jim202 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:09 am

Dispatch229 wrote:The setup: XTL5000 VHF 110W with VRS750 w/ Option W492AG

The issue: Can hear VRS750 audio from portable (low) on XTL speaker, but it won't actually key the mobile radio.

CPS VRS frequency/bandwidth/PL settings are right, vrs turns on and everything on the mobile to portable side works as expected.

So basically everything seems to work expect the VRS won't key the XTL and I'm at a loss here.

Any ideas?


There is the possibility that you don't have the correct accessory connector programmed correctly for the external PTT. I would have to go back and look up the pin you need to ground to key the XTL. There is a setting in the software to change this. It is the selection from the accessory connector on the back of the radio to the DB25 accessory connector on the front of the trunk mount radio. But again I would have to go back and look.

Ran into this problem when using these radios in a radio interoperability package when I was working for a gateway company several years back.

Jim

dbusse
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:56 pm
What radios do you own?: XTL, XTS, Saber, Spectra, MTS2

Re: XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby dbusse » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:34 pm

I also has a situation where the RX of the VRS had drifted off freq. Behaved the same way you are describing.

Dan

Dispatch229
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby Dispatch229 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:42 am

dbusse wrote:I also has a situation where the RX of the VRS had drifted off freq. Behaved the same way you are describing.

Dan


Thanks! I finally got the damn thing to work.

TX audio from the VRS is a bit low, but it's usable.

Jim202
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:00 pm

Re: XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby Jim202 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:37 am

Dispatch229 wrote:
dbusse wrote:I also has a situation where the RX of the VRS had drifted off freq. Behaved the same way you are describing.

Dan


Thanks! I finally got the damn thing to work.

TX audio from the VRS is a bit low, but it's usable.


How about letting the board know what you did to get the VRS to work. We all learn from problems and how others have solved them.

Jim

Dispatch229
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: XTL5000 With VRS750

Postby Dispatch229 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey Jim, I took Dan's advice and had the VRS aligned.

The RX had drifted as he described.


Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest