XTL5000 w3 with o-series tib

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NHfirefighter

XTL5000 w3 with o-series tib

Post by NHfirefighter »

I recall a thread on CS showing someone had hooked up a W3 head to an O-series tib using the db25 connector. I know the radio needs to be flashed for a W3 head but is there any risk in doing it this way? The poster indicated it worked fine just wanted to see if anyone else knew of risks about it before I tried.
NHfirefighter

Re: XTL5000 w3 with o-series tib

Post by NHfirefighter »

An update for anyone who might be encountering this I am happy to report if you change the control head from O5 to W3 but leave the o-series TIB in place it will work! This is great news for me because I was upgrading a previous install of an AS W3 so all I need to do is change out the drawer. There is one downside however it appears the power button on the HHCH isn't mapped appropriately when using the O-tib which means power needs to be on a separate switched power supply. That is a pretty easy and inexpensive fix however and prevents the need to run all new wiring and HHCH cables.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: XTL5000 w3 with o-series tib

Post by wavetar »

That is great information, thanks for sharing!
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”