M7 to O5 Upgrade Issue

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chopskxw
New User
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, XTL5000, and HAM gear

M7 to O5 Upgrade Issue

Post by chopskxw »

So, I have read through several threads, but have not found a scenario exactly match that which I am experiencing. The situation is that I purchased an XTL5000 (high power) that was already setup as a remote mount radio with a W7 head. The previous owner had attempted to do an O5 swap, but was unsuccessful. The radio was reverted to the W7 configuration, and works as expected in the configuration.

Since I have taken ownership, we read the radio and discovered it had already been programmed by the latest version of CPS. As such, we changed the control head via CPS and wrote the changes. Swapped the TIB, connected everything up, and the O5 control head boots but does not connect (FL 01-90). We are able to read/write to the radio via the GCAI connector on the TIB, but not through the head (which makes sense). I'm guessing that we need to do a control head sync, but we do not have the correct file to do this.

From what I found, it seems all of the P/Ns and firmware versions should be fine. Please if I have missed something, let me know. If all looks well, what are the suggestions from the resident gurus?

Part Numbers/Version Numbers:
Brick M/N: MK20TS9PW1AN
Brick F/W: R20.50.07
O5 CH P/N: HLN1467D
CHIB Flex P/N: HKN6191A
CH Housing P/N: HLN1468B
CH Bootloader: R08.51.00
TIB P/N: PMLN5083E
TIB Flex: 8464275H03 REV P
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: M7 to O5 Upgrade Issue

Post by com501 »

The control head sync file is available on MOL, in the same folder you download your software from.
chopskxw
New User
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, XTL5000, and HAM gear

Re: M7 to O5 Upgrade Issue

Post by chopskxw »

So, I have purchased a new apx style O5 to try, with the same result. I have attempted the control head sync, using the latest sync file from MOL. One the radio reboots and the head goes to flash zap, the pc seems to have a driver issue. I have tried uninstalling every piece of moto software and reinstalling, and still same result. Any suggestions?

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”