XTL5000 Dash W7 to Remote O5

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dystroxic
New User

XTL5000 Dash W7 to Remote O5

Post by Dystroxic »

Hi everyone,

I know that this or similar questions have been asked a lot around here, and I have already read through as many as I could find. However, it looks like specifics for part numbers and instructions vary depending on radio year/model and the general mood of whoever assigns part numbers at Motorola. So, I was hoping I could run this by some of the experts here to see if I'm on the right track.

I have an XTL5000 mid-power radio with a W7 dash mount control head. XTL5000 specs:

XTL5000 model number: M20URS9PW1AN
Firmware: R17.01.01
DSP: R17.01.00
Tuning: R01.08.00
PSDT: R04.00.00

I'm looking to upgrade this to an O5 remote mount control head. The CPS allowed me to change the control head in the software, so the firmware should be compativle. I already have an O5 + CHIB, specs:

O5 model number: HLN1467H
CHIB model number: HLN1468B

So now I need a TIB, Flex cable (transceiver -> TIB), remote mount cable, and power/speaker cable. I think that these part numbers would be:

TIB: PMUN1036 (or 'A' or 'D' versions, not sure of the difference?)
Flex: HKN6190 (or 'C' version, not sure of the difference?)
Remote cable: HKN6170 (again, maybe a version with a letter on the end?)
Power cable: HKN6188

Is this a valid set-up, and will this upgrade work? Thanks for reading!
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: XTL5000 Dash W7 to Remote O5

Post by spectragod »

Pm sent,
I have all those parts.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”