XTL5000 w/ remote O5 button programming

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dystroxic
New User

XTL5000 w/ remote O5 button programming

Post by Dystroxic »

I just completed a conversion of my XTL5000 w/ dash W7 to remote O5. All in all, it went much better than expected, mostly due to the information I read on this forum. Everything works well!

I'm trying to configure the codeplug now, and running into a couple roadblocks. I cannot seem to figure out how to make a couple changes I'd like:

1) The right rotary knob controls the selected channel. Currently, if you rotate it to the left when it's on the first programmed channel, it will roll over to the highest channel. Is there a way to prevent this, and have it do nothing if you try to turn it left when it's on the first channel? I tried setting the "Radio Configuration -> Radio Wide -> Alert Tones -> Rotary Alert" to "Rollover Alert", which looks like it should do what I want, but it doesn't have any effect.

2) I'd like the up/down navigation buttons to do channel up/down. I know you can configure this when using the O5 with an APX radio, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it in the XTL CPS. The navigation pad doesn't show up as a configurable option in the "Radio Configuration -> Controls -> Control Head - 05" screen. Any idea how to do this?

Thanks!
Dystroxic
New User

Re: XTL5000 w/ remote O5 button programming

Post by Dystroxic »

Disregard #1, it turns out I had to change that option to "Elec. Stop" instead of "Rollover Alert", so now that works. Still can't figure out #2 though.
tuckerm

Re: XTL5000 w/ remote O5 button programming

Post by tuckerm »

#2 you cannot accomplish with the XTL radios.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”