Xtl2500 40 watt UCM

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Xtl2500 40 watt UCM

Post by OCSD117 »

Can anyone give me a part number and where this is located inside the radio?
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
JeffFireRadio

Re: Xtl2500 40 watt UCM

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Good news...it's easy to get to. Whether you have a dash or remote version you don't say. If you remove the TIB (assuming a remote) via the two front screws, it's right there staring you in the face on the right hand side of the front bulkhead. Two Torx screws hold the metal shield, and then the UCM, to the radio frame. It pulls straight out via its plug. Replace the TIB. Tell CPS it went away. Game over, lovely parting gifts.

Good luck.

- J
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Other part of your question...there are multiple part numbers. There's a 3-day retention and infinite retention version. If I remember correctly, the part number changed for some unknown (to me) reason a few years back too. You're gonna have to give me time to pull out the UCM bin or BSM and find you part numbers (PHLNxxxx, something like that). Anyone else have theirs right in front of them?
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Correction to my previous post (now that I'm awake).... There is both a three-day and a 30-second retention UCM. The option for infinite is a CPS check box.

No airline passengers were beaten as a result of this error.

- J

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”