- Listing for sale or trade of, or links to sites offering for sale or trade of, or giving away, Radio
Service Software (RSS) or Customer Programming Software (CPS)
- Profanity, pornography, defamation, or slanderous remarks directed towards any individual or entity
- Commercial advertising (except in the Batboard Vendors forum, as approved by the Admin/Mod Staff)
- Any other items which may be deemed as offensive
If any topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the aforementioned material are brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod Staff, they will be deleted.
Additional FAQ items appear here in Forum Rules. Please review them for posting guidelines and further clarification.
Moderator: Queue Moderator
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am converting an XTL 5000 from a remote use to a dash mount with O5 head. I am trying to flash to the latest firmware. I am running into all kinds of difficulties. Is a dongle necessary to do the firmware upgrade or is there a way around it?
- was RPDM313
- Posts: 589
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:52 am
- What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000
Yes you need a Flashkey in order to do it. Also how old is the firmware? I had one that was R6 FW and It required a Serial programming cable in order to do it.
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest