Weird XTL2500 Flash: _APPL5_

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spender
New User

Weird XTL2500 Flash: _APPL5_

Post by Spender »

XTL Xperts-

I recently purchased an 100 watt UHF XTL2500 on epay which had a very unusual flashcode on the serial tag. It read: _APPL5_. The serial tag was otherwise fully a normal XTL serial tag with serial number and radio model number. This radio was bought less accessories.

Once I got it home and connected it up using normal XTL2500 accessories and cabling (known to be AOK), I received a 'fail 01/90', followed by a 'SW Mismatch' message. Not surprisingly, I cannot read or write to this radio.

In my web search, a user of this board reported a similar flash on an XTL consolette some years ago. He did not have any added information or solution after I checked back with him and indicated that the radios he had read/wrote properly.

So...has anyone here encountered a similar flash? Or similar issues? Is there any solution available to turn this into a working radio?

Thanks!

-Spender
JeffFireRadio

Re: Weird XTL2500 Flash: _APPL5_

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Also had that on a consolette and wondered what that meant. The consolette and the drawer unit ran without issue forever. The radio had a pretty routine Flashcode in the radio when it was read. There were no other distinguishing aspects of this radio as far as form, function, CPS, etc. Sorry, wish I had more information. I'll venture a guess that your error/fail and the APPL5 are not related. - Jeff
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

I am not sure, but you might have to go through the steps to sync your control head to the radio.

Unless the control head came with the radio, both the control head and the radio could be having a problem talking with each other.

Just a though. Let's see what the others on hear have to say.

Jim
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Probably not designed to be run with a control head on that configuration, it's possible that it can be brought to useable status, but it would loose its cool flashcode. I'd love to look at it on the bench.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”