Convert XTL5K Consolette to Mobile questions

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

Convert XTL5K Consolette to Mobile questions

Post by Mraudio »

Looking for some guidance here if anyone has done this. VHF consolette with all the features I need/want. i removed from the station, used a W series Astro spectra motorcycle remote cable and W7 control head, changed programming to remove the Err message at power up from the TRC option being on. Everything appears to work ok except the following small hiccups

Consolette W7 control head will not power up the radio if used unlike the spectra head

Ignition sense from rear options port wont control radio on/off- RSS settings only for PTT lock out with Ign. sense

Can not turn radio off by power button on front of head, powers up when applying power to main body only

Otherwise it functions like a normal radio, and I "could" use a bosh relay inline with power to emulate ign. sense as I wont be transmitting on this much anyway. BUT it would be nice to have it work more like a mobile should.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks guys.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: Convert XTL5K Consolette to Mobile questions

Post by spectragod »

The head not allowing on/off at is a jumper in the head.

The other issues are brought on by the radios model #, only a couple of ways to fix it.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by Mraudio »

I suspected it was a jumper setting. Anyone have a board layout and jumper info then? I do not have any manuals anymore...got rid of my AS stuff years ago when I thought I was done with spectras and sabers for P25
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Post by W3AXL »

You want the Astro Control Head Service Manual. It's a great reference for more than just jumpers, but you should be able to find the W7 schematic and locate the circuit for power. Repeaterbuilder's got this manual and almost every other Astro service manual you could want.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... manual.pdf
Mraudio

Post by Mraudio »

Excellent wasn't aware all that stuff was up there.
Thanks!
Mraudio

Post by Mraudio »

Anybody have a schematic for HLN6396M?

I have it for C/F and H but no M and these dont match the board layout I have

Thanks

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”