Sample "busy" tone for end-user training

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Apu

Sample "busy" tone for end-user training

Post by Apu »

I'm prepping some training to introduce trunked radios to users whom have only used conventional radios in the past.

I have an audio clip of the "talk permit" tone. Does anyone have an example of a busy tone they can share?

Other than those, and "out of range," anything else you would include in end-user training? APX6000s on NJ's P25 Phase II system.

Thanks in advance.
Mackinaw
New User
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: Sample "busy" tone for end-user training

Post by Mackinaw »

I don't have a recording of a busy tone handy for you but I'll keep an eye out.

While you're at it, I would explain the difference between a system busy and simply trying to key up while there is already a call in progress. While they're not likely to see it as often, explaining a "no comms" scenario (versus OOR) may be helpful. Other than that, make sure they know how to hold the radio and speak into it! It seems intuitive to you and I, but perceived audio quality can take a hit when end users key the mic from feet away, or conversely, seemingly put it down their throat.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Create an RX only Conventional personality and try transmitting on it. Close enough?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Post by Jongage »

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”