7500 O9 Vehicle interface questions

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

7500 O9 Vehicle interface questions

Post by Pj »

About to do a new install, and haven't made heads/tails with CPS and the manual yet...but here is what I am thinking, and haven't researched it too far yet...

-Can you dual head the radio with different heads? IE: O9 up front and a O7 or O5 in the rear?

-Through the VIP ports, can you input a 12vDC (positive) to the O9 head and map it to a relay box output (ie, flip on the highbeams, and have it turn on the takedown lights) using the uber expensive APX relay box?

I know I am forgetting a couple of things, but figure I'd throw these out first.

Anyone know if Moto is going to add a "momentary" feature to the relay box? Trying to use a 1/2 wire traffic arrow is quite annoying with it.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Jim202

Re: 7500 O9 Vehicle interface questions

Post by Jim202 »

Pj wrote:About to do a new install, and haven't made heads/tails with CPS and the manual yet...but here is what I am thinking, and haven't researched it too far yet...

-Can you dual head the radio with different heads? IE: O9 up front and a O7 or O5 in the rear?

-Through the VIP ports, can you input a 12vDC (positive) to the O9 head and map it to a relay box output (ie, flip on the highbeams, and have it turn on the takedown lights) using the uber expensive APX relay box?

I know I am forgetting a couple of things, but figure I'd throw these out first.

Anyone know if Moto is going to add a "momentary" feature to the relay box? Trying to use a 1/2 wire traffic arrow is quite annoying with it.

Last I knew, all the heads have to be the same. Unless something has changed recently. I know others will chime in if I am wrong.

I like the 05 type head myself. Find it very flexible and will do everything I want it too. Not sure the 07 head is that easy to use while driving down the road and your trying to change zones or something like that. Myself, I would never suggest the 07 head for public safety use. I am still out on my decision on the 09 head for public safety use.

Jim
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Already have an O9/Siren/Relay box in one vehicle and going to transfer it into a new ride.

I find th O9 perfect for vehicle intergration but not the O7. Buttons are not patrol friendly for light/siren use.

Soft cars, etc sure.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Pj wrote:-Can you dual head the radio with different heads? IE: O9 up front and a O7 or O5 in the rear?
Negative, ghostrider. Heads have to match, and I believe at this time only O2/5/7 support dual-head.
Strike two. VIP inputs are tied to specific functions in the drop down menu except for Logical Switch 2... which can only be steered to Low Power in either an open or closed state under Radio Ergonomics Wide.
Harris already supports this with the M7100 and the FedSig relay/siren box. You can do custom patterns up to 7 states in a sequence I think.
Wiregeek

Post by Wiregeek »

Strike two. VIP inputs are tied to specific functions in the drop down menu except for Logical Switch 2... which can only be steered to Low Power in either an open or closed state under Radio Ergonomics Wide.
high beam goes up, opens a relay, relay shorts pin 2 to ground, lights and/or sirens come on and this is not the way to do this - patrol cars need high beams too.

Did an O9 recently and was very pleased. It was all up motorola with the moto/whelen siren box, and the relay controller. the 0123 big knob on the top of the O9 is just perfect for No/Traffic Warn/Quiet Takedown/Lights and Sirens

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”