APX 800 radios on SPRINT LTE NETWORK?

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

APX 800 radios on SPRINT LTE NETWORK?

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

i did some searching but didnt find an answer to what im wanting to ask.

i realize alot of the new APEX series 800 radios also do LTE, im figuring thats the future, with public safety getting set up with their own LTE trunked network, or eventually just using commercial network.

my question is this, has anyone been able to work with sprint to set up some APX radios on sprints 800 LTE network and have some kind of digital trunking IP/Talkgroup service between any number of radios like the days of direct connect or group connect? what do they call the service?

wazz
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
Jason

Re: APX 800 radios on SPRINT LTE NETWORK?

Post by Jason »

Not really. The only APX portable currently capable of LTE is the 7000L. Remember the pregnant MT1000 stat alert radio? The 7000L will bring you back to that. There aren't that many in the wild.

While it may be possible to get it on Sprint (not sure as it was natively designed for Verizon 4G which is 700) you won't be "talking" on LTE from it.

Reason being, LTE IP capability was/is limited to radio management in current rendition. Voice calls don't take place over it as it is now.

I'd bet this will be possible down the road, just not yet.
Jason

IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”