Emergency Output from APX Mobile

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

quint 18

Emergency Output from APX Mobile

Post by quint 18 »

Good Evening

I am in need of an output from the 26 pin plug on the APX / Xtl that gives some kind of state change upon RX of an Emergency.

I have everything programed correct and the receiving radio displays Emergency Call when transmitted from a portable. Horn/ Light will not allow a state change on emergency as far as I can tell. The Horn and Light only works on "page" . This seems like a simple request to me however I will be darned if I can find a way to make it work, also I called MOL and spoke to a CSR and he could not seem to figure a way to make It work.

Any help is much appreciated

Frederick C. Kinder
Bill_G

Re: Emergency Output from APX Mobile

Post by Bill_G »

In general, the emergency is an input, not an output. ie: a normally closed switch is applied from the pin to ground. Pressing the switch, or breaking the wire causes the input to go high, and forces the radio to transmit an emergency.

But, I could be wrong. I haven't played with the APX series emergency function. I just recall it being a gotcha on previous series of mobiles that required a loop be installed on the accessory plug, or your mobile would be stuck in an emergency condition whether you wanted it or not.
quint 18

Re: Emergency Output from APX Mobile

Post by quint 18 »

Yes there is a loop for input. However I need an output to close a relay for an indication that an emergency has been received on the fire ground.
I know this has been done somewhere before I just have to find out how!

Thanks for the reply

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”