Linking two Motorola for crossband HELP!.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ve2cnl

Linking two Motorola for crossband HELP!.

Post by ve2cnl »

Hello,

Long time posted here, I have a question related to linking a GM300 VHF and radius UHF for crossband repeater, I purchased on ebay a cable for 16 pins acc connector to link my two radios, te cable is designed to (rx/tx) each side, but when I plug on the back of each radios it don't link the two radios, in fact It do nothing, I see in another forum I need to program the features for acc conector in the rss for each radios, I tried some config, but only thing it doe's its a TX are steady on each radios.

IF anyone have a solution for Me it will be VERY VERY appreciated, on how I program the acc connector to do this work.

P.S. The two radios are 16ch and have a 16 pins acc connectors on the back.

Thank in advance for Your help.

73's from VE2CNL Dominique.
ve2cnl

Re: Linking two Motorola for crossband HELP!.

Post by ve2cnl »

OOPS!,

NOTE the cable I purchased on ebay is for a crossband, not for a repeater, it have a pot for audio on each end.

Thanks,

Dom.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

There is a lot of good Maxtrac & Radius information on repeater-builder.com that will help you. This link will bring you to a page that details what you are trying to do, although it's for a regular unidirectional repeater, not a crossband. It even shows the screenshots of the RSS settings. Assuming the pins match your cable, you'll need to set both radios accessory connectors like the first screenshot:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... acing.html

Note also that you may need to move the pin 11 audio jumper, JU551, from 'A' to 'B' in each radio to get muted, de-emphasised audio.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ve2cnl

Post by ve2cnl »

Hi!,

I tried to set my two radios as the xmitter one, and nothing happens, except it tx when I plug one end to radios, I try another thing, I see COS on the little pcb hold the 16 pins connector on the cable, COS is pin number 14 If I remember correctly, I noted that in a sheet in my shop, I'll try that this evening.

Thanks,

Dom.
ve2cnl

Post by ve2cnl »

Tried some kind of combination in the acc plug settings, and this doesn't work at all, If anyone have this bi-directional connector from ebay and it work, please let Me know HOW I program the acc connector.

Many thanks,

VE2CNL Dominique.
ve2cnl

Post by ve2cnl »

I found the problem, after reading a lot of pages.

All is the same as transmitter from the site "repeater builders", except for pin 8 assignation, the pin 8 assignation must be PL/DPL&CSQ DETECT, data direction=OUTPUT, debounce=NO, active level=LOW.

With that it work PERFECTLY YAY!!! :)

VE2CNL Dominique.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

ve2cnl wrote:I found the problem, after reading a lot of pages.

All is the same as transmitter from the site "repeater builders", except for pin 8 assignation, the pin 8 assignation must be PL/DPL&CSQ DETECT, data direction=OUTPUT, debounce=NO, active level=LOW.

With that it work PERFECTLY YAY!!! :)

VE2CNL Dominique.
I'm glad to see you've read through the information and learned how to do it! Good job.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Smartnet/Smartzone/Project 25 (Phase I/II) Systems”