Lone worker and MCC7500

Discussion about Centracom (Button & LED / CRT / Gold / Elite), MC Series (MC5500/7100/7500), and legacy console equipment.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

Lone worker and MCC7500

Post by wavetar »

We have an agency that will be moving to the MCC7500 consoles as part of migrating onto our new P25 Provincial system. Their existing consoles do a pretty unique feature for them...it was apparently developed by the console provider at their request.

Basically, they can do 'lone worker' type functionality with their consoles. They can right-click on a user alias to initiate a “timer” on call in by a Subscriber unit, to alert a dispatcher when that timer expires. When the timer expires, it produces an Audible and Visual alert to the dispatcher. This timer be reset or restarted by the dispatcher(s) if contact occurs within the timer expiry.

Kinda neat, hadn't seen this before. Now, I know this is not a function of the MCC7500 at all, but I'm curious if anyone out there has seen a similar console based solution, perhaps using the MCC7500 API to port the subscriber information into a program that does something similar?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
d119

Re: Lone worker and MCC7500

Post by d119 »

Seems this is something generally provided by CAD systems, but without the "auto-reset after contact" feature.

I've heard nothing about anything for MCC 7500 that does this.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

d119 wrote:Seems this is something generally provided by CAD systems, but without the "auto-reset after contact" feature.

I've heard nothing about anything for MCC 7500 that does this.
CAD was my first thought when I was first asked about it as a console feature, just because they inherently do basic functions such as tracking logon/logoffs of personnel, though it's usually with MDTs and not conventional radios.

I was hoping someone out there had used the MCC7500 API to interface to a CAD system to achieve more expanded functionality such as I described. I know it's *possible*...at least, in the Tetra world, where lone worker & asset tracking have approved solutions, potentially using available APIs:

https://tetradev.motorolasolutions.com/ ... arted.aspx
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Wouldn't an incident timer like say for a fire work for this?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:Wouldn't an incident timer like say for a fire work for this?
Potentially, if it could provide real time radio IDs or aliases to click on to set the timer. I'm not familiar with incident timers, are there 'popular' software packages? From what I've read, they seem to be CAD add-ons. This is a small 4-position dispatch center for mostly Natural Resources & Department of Transportation users, with some public safety interop but not direct dispatching for that. They don't have a CAD, but are looking for some CAD-like functionality.

Return to “Consoles”