SZ 4.1 Elite CEB issue

Discussion about Centracom (Button & LED / CRT / Gold / Elite), MC Series (MC5500/7100/7500), and legacy console equipment.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Ray D O

SZ 4.1 Elite CEB issue

Post by Ray D O »

Looking for help as I am a little rusty on Elite/CEB troubles. Having problems with one AIMI link and the associated AIMI card in a CEB. At first the trouble appeared to be a bad AIMI card. It was sent to the Bat cave and a bad part found and replaced. Now I am trying to re-install and MUPL it after its' return (not the same card sent...). When I tried it glitches the entire CEB and associated console COIM's after MUPLing. The address DIP's are correct along with all other jumpers and switch positions on the AIMI card. I have not tried running diagnostics as when it is in the CEB it screws up the CEB as I said. I suspect possibly a corrupt export file and unfortunately I don't think the previous techs saved a backup. Could it be that said previous techs did some CDM changes and did not properly program the other needed AIMI and COIM's and the file that I am trying to load will not play nice with it? Also, the associated AEB AIMI was not rebooted on the other end to try and fix it. The AIMI link never shows green on MOSCAD NFM although the two top LED's are green in the CEB AIMI card in question. Currently the CEB is running on the other AIMI and AIMI link T1 with the trouble AIMI pulled. Thanks in advance for any input fellow Bat techs.
d119

Re: SZ 4.1 Elite CEB issue

Post by d119 »

Do you have any other Centracom cages & power supplies around? You could always MUPL the card outside of the target CEB.

Are the jumpers along the top of the card set properly? A vs. B, Single (S) vs. Multiple (M)?

You shouldn't have to reboot the far end ZAMBI card.

I'm a bit unclear on what it is you're working on - the ZAMBI card in the AEB, or an AIMI card in a CEB?
Ray D O

Re: SZ 4.1 Elite CEB issue

Post by Ray D O »

It is the CEB AIMI. I was thinking the same thing, programming in a free standing CC but there is not one available. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Consoles”