2013 Ford PI Installs - Anyone do them yet?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jmr061
was KB9KST

2013 Ford PI Installs - Anyone do them yet?

Post by jmr061 »

Wondering if anyone has had the displeasure I mean pleasure of installing a 2013 Ford PI Sedan yet?

Ford made lots of promises but doesn't seem to have lived up to them.

A biggie is where is the dedicated firewall pass through for aftermarket equipment? They said there was going to be one. I can't find it???

What are your thoughts on the install side of how the vehicle is?

Jason
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: 2013 Ford PI Installs - Anyone do them yet?

Post by FireCpt809 »

I have a ford demo in my shop now. I have been on the road doing service calls so I havent gotten time to look at the sedan. We have had a utility in the shop for about 2 weeks waiting for parts. When I get back there I can take a closer look.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Well Ford never got back to me so I drilled one just to the right of where the hood release cable runs through the firewall. If you disconnect the battery then unconnect all the harnesses from the PCM or whatever it is to the left of the brake pedal under the dash you can get a drill up in there and punch a hole.

Jason
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I forgot to get back to you.. That is where we do them on the utility. The demo we have we cant dril into
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I now have the Ford document that shows where they have you run wiring through the passenger wheelwell.

If you are interested in it PM me.

Jason
motofreak008

Post by motofreak008 »

It didn't take me long to figure out there wasn't much thought put into that storage cabinet in the trunk of the sedan. I had to take out all three bolts, and the two caps and then finagle it forward as much as I could, which isn't much really, just to barely get my hand and socket behind the light so I could remove it. Seems like that's a bit much if you ask me, especially for those that have bigger hands than me, which honestly doesn't take much.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”