Toyota Sequoia roof antenna placement ?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Toyota Sequoia roof antenna placement ?

Post by RadioSouth »

Well my warranty has just run out on my 2010 Sequoia and no longer have any excuse on not drilling a hole and installing an antenna. It's been awhile and these cars are just packed with bells and whistles complicating a install. Anyone do one of these ? Without having to pull the headliner I was considering putting the NMO mount just above the 3rd row dome light and running the cable to the trunk. I also have a huge center console and the drawer could go there as an alternative. I'm only running 40 watts but trying to keep RF out of anything important. Any tips ?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: Toyota Sequoia roof antenna placement ?

Post by HLA »

I'm all for putting them close to dome lights, usually a little behind a few inches so nothing from the dome lite fixture will bottom out on the mount but definately easy enuf to get your hand in there to work. And make shure there is no sunroof or anythign that will slide and be in the way
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

did you ever mount the antenna? would love to see it.
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Got sidetracked, the dome light is mounted in with plastic rivets that I'll apparently have to break to remove. Gotta stop by the dealer and see if he has replacements. Got the antenna, going with a UHF salt shaker, should be near invisible on my charcoal car.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Love the sequoia... just not too radio friendly is it inside? ... maybe a jotto or a console inside . when you get it done I'd love to see the Install... I was seriously looking into a Tahoe .. but the Toyota is really what I'm after I think I'm just going to(when the time comes) go with the Chevy.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Will

Post by Will »

RadioSouth wrote:Got sidetracked, the dome light is mounted in with plastic rivets that I'll apparently have to break to remove. Gotta stop by the dealer and see if he has replacements. Got the antenna, going with a UHF salt shaker, should be near invisible on my charcoal car.
Plastic Pop Rivets are available.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

well there you go!!!
I would love to see the install when It is completed. don't be afraid to pull the headliner down and do it right. let me know!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”