2004 Jeep Liberty

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

2004 Jeep Liberty

Post by WV8VFD »

Going to be installing a W5 110 watt Astro Spectra in my friend's liberty. I think we're going to mount the drawer under the passenger seat or in the rear cargo area, but the control head is where the problem is. I was going to put it in the little area in front of the shifter, but she would loose her 12v power there, which gets used often. Her light controls and siren are mounted on the passenger side of the console, and we are about out of real-estate there, at least until she gets a handheld siren. About the only other place we can put it right now is on the dash. I'm just having problems figuring out where to run the control head cable. She doesn't want any huge holes drilled, so I am thinking of running it right along the windshield to the passenger side, dropping it down and taking the panel on the side of the dash off, running it down through there to the floor, and come out at the radio under the passenger seat?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
Tyler Lewis
mmckenna
What radios do you own?: AM/FM with 8 track.

Re: 2004 Jeep Liberty

Post by mmckenna »

What about adding a new lighter socket in a different location? Seems like that would be easy to fit in somewhere, and you could still put the head near the shifter.
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."
BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Post by BigTex1136 »

Same problem in my exploer so heres what I did

I mounted mine by the rear view and ran the mic cable through the glasses holder never gets used and attached the mic. Took a bit of doing but it was over all the best spot for it. Not sure how much room you got in a jeep but just an idea
GOT MODAT?
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Post by WV8VFD »

mmckenna wrote:What about adding a new lighter socket in a different location? Seems like that would be easy to fit in somewhere, and you could still put the head near the shifter.
That's what I suggested after thinking about it, but she doesn't like that idea. I'm going to try to con her into it, but if not, I'm probably going to use BigTex1136's idea, and see if I can't do it like that.

Thanks for the replies

Ty
Tyler Lewis
BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Post by BigTex1136 »

Post a pic when your done like to see how it came out
GOT MODAT?

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”