2012 Toyota Camry Install w/ Pics

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CFD351
was "firemedix123"
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, XPR5550E and XPR7550E

2012 Toyota Camry Install w/ Pics

Post by CFD351 »

XTL5000 VHF Mid-Power with O3 Head installed in a Camry. Laird 150-162 NMO Antenna. Install went smoothly. No issues. If you have questions I'll help as much as I can.

Thanks to spectragod for a good deal on the radio and all the help along the way!
Jeremiah 33:3
fineshot1

Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Install w/ Pics

Post by fineshot1 »

Just curious why you chose the trunk lid for the nmo mount. Is the headliner glued to the roof?
I may have to do an XTL2500 in one of those and need to put a nmo in the roof.
fineshot1
NJ USA
techtonics

Post by techtonics »

And if the roof was not an option why not the center of the trunk lid?
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

techtonics wrote:And if the roof was not an option why not the center of the trunk lid?
On my car, I planned on installing a second radio at some point, so I put one NMO on the left- leaving room for a future mount on the right.

I'm sure he was under the same school of thought.
CFD351
was "firemedix123"
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, XPR5550E and XPR7550E

Post by CFD351 »

Mounting the antenna on the roof was never an option for me. I have plans for another similar setup in 700/800Mhz which I plan on mounting the antenna for it on the passenger side. Also I have a UHF Pyramid that I may attach to the VHF of which the antenna for it will more than likely go to the middle. The Pyramid is still undecided. So thats why it isn't centered. For the record it hears perfect and as far as transmit (I do little) I have no SWR issues. I have since changed a few things around. The extension cable is now permanently mounted under the dash with OEM mounting option. The Speaker is also mounted to the area where the backseat armrest drops down to project the audio forward. All in all it works perfectly for me.
Jeremiah 33:3

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”