Maxtrac 16 pin external/internal speaker.

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fmhsgrad96
New User

Maxtrac 16 pin external/internal speaker.

Post by fmhsgrad96 »

Is there a way to run the internal and external speakers at the same time without damaging the radio? I know pins 1-16 are external and 15-16 are for internal. Can I add a jumper wire to 15-16 on the connector to activate both speakers?

Thanks in advance.
Bill_G

Re: Maxtrac 16 pin external/internal speaker.

Post by Bill_G »

Asked and answered many times. But, on your first post, you might not be able to search very well.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: Maxtrac 16 pin external/internal speaker.

Post by N4KVE »

Years ago, when I was playing with Maxtracs, I tried using the internal, & external speaker at the same time. The radio didn't seem happy, & the audio seemed poor, compared to just 1 speaker at a time. Fast forward 20 years, & I'm using a XPR4550 as a base. Guess what. When I plug in the external speaker, the internal speaker does not disconnect. Rx audio sounds fine, & I'm told this is normal. GARY

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”