Tpl mobile amp install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

craig

Tpl mobile amp install

Post by craig »

I'm about to install an xtva with tpl amplifier in my truck. The tpl amplifier instructions recommend wiring direct to the vehicle battery. My question is won't that drain the battery when the ignition is off even if I'm not using the xtva? My truck gets driven maybe once a week and sits for long periods of time. Is there a better way to install this thing?

Craig
Kc9mdr
fineshot1

Re: Tpl mobile amp install

Post by fineshot1 »

craig wrote:I'm about to install an xtva with tpl amplifier in my truck. The tpl amplifier instructions recommend wiring direct to the vehicle battery. My question is won't that drain the battery when the ignition is off even if I'm not using the xtva? My truck gets driven maybe once a week and sits for long periods of time. Is there a better way to install this thing?

Craig
Kc9mdr
I have a fleet of these xtva with tpl rf amps and that is the way the instructions call for being wired hot.
I have never had any of these properly operating tpl amps drain vehicle batteries.
fineshot1
NJ USA
craig

Re: Tpl mobile amp install

Post by craig »

Great! Thanks for the info. I'll wire it hot then.

Craig
KC9MDR

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”