Jeep TJ suggestions...?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Heterodyne
Batboard $upporter

Jeep TJ suggestions...?

Post by Heterodyne »

I have a 2000 Jeep TJ and I want to mount a couple of mobiles in it. As anyone who has been into one of these things can attest to there isn't a whole lot of real estate in them (the passenger seat folding back pretty much smokes anything mounted in the passenger wheel well)

Anyone got any suggestions or have had experience with these vehicles?
911_guy

Post by 911_guy »

If you have a dash mount, I mounted mine to the passenger side of the console, below the shifter. I 've got it so that the face is facing up and back, and my mic mounted to the console at the base of the shifter. My scanner is mounted to the back of the console, between the seats.

You might also look at the Quadratec website (http://www.quadratec.com) and look at their overhead console. It has two openings, for radio, scanner, stereo, eq, etc. It attaches to the sport bar, and where the footman loop attaches to the inside of the windshield frame.

These are some options, but the console mounting idea works pretty good in my '97.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”