Trunk and radio console

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jjbond
Batboard $upporter

Trunk and radio console

Post by jjbond »

Earlier some people commented in various threads wanting to see pics of my trunk and radio console.

Here you go: http://www.bond-consulting.com/pictures ... c/Aug2002/

:D
Jennifer Bond

"There is no greater, darker, deafening sound than, after the loss of a K-9 partner, climbing back into a patrol car and hearing only silence."
Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

Post by Chato »

Im not sure that was the trunk they were talking about............ :lol:
jjbond
Batboard $upporter

Post by jjbond »

:P
Jennifer Bond

"There is no greater, darker, deafening sound than, after the loss of a K-9 partner, climbing back into a patrol car and hearing only silence."
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

Hey I notice that there is like a air rode or a sort back of the door there, is that for a remote opening of that door for your dog friend?
jjbond
Batboard $upporter

Post by jjbond »

I'm not sure what you mean by air rode? Do you mean the hydraulic rod that is shown attached to the door? Yes, it's part of a remote control door opener system that unlocks and opens the door allowing the K-9 to assist his partner should the partner need to release the dog while dealing with a suspect. It's called a "Bail out" the receiver/main unit can be seen mounted on the front of the console in the console picture.

More information can be found here>> http://criminalisticsinc.com/Bail%20Out.htm

The car also has an ignition override allowing me to have on the air conditioning, push a button, turn off the ignition key, locking the steering wheel and lock the doors and leave. If someone smashed a window and tried to steal the car, the moment they put their foot on the brake pedal to put the car into gear the engine stalls. >>>> http://adamsonindustries.com/anti_theft_devices.htm
Jennifer Bond

wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

I also remember seeing a remote control gadget that rolled the rear window(s) up and down. Might be a better bet than having the whole door open, I dunno.

Nice car . . . what else is there to say about it? I want one!
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Chris,

The window roll down is also made by criminalistics. It is called the "Hot Dog" I believe if I remember right. It combines the bail out system along with a temperature sensing system that when the temp inside the car hits an operator selected temperature it pages the K-9 handler and rolls down a window to let fresh air in the car. The window needs to have a guard over it though so the dog doesn't jump out.

These are pretty neat systems. I have put them them our K-9 squads. What fun that was.

Jason
jjbond
Batboard $upporter

Post by jjbond »

W5ATX, re the dog leaving the window instead of the door, I do not have the window down feature cus he would smash his skull on the window grate shown in this picture http://www.bond-consulting.com/pictures ... 230003.JPG :wink:

Yes the Hot Dog is made by Criminalistics as well.
Jennifer Bond

FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Another company that makes a K-9 container is American aluminum products. It is very simular to the Ray Allen unit. I just removed one from a 99 Ford PI.

Anyone use the remote transmitter with the Hot dog? They make a system that pages the officer when the temp reaches high enough to alarm.
jjbond
Batboard $upporter

Post by jjbond »

The unit that combines a Bail out with a Hot Dog is called the Premier system http://www.criminalisticsinc.com/Premier.htm it also combines fan control with the pager feature. (I'm so bright I gotta wear shades) 8)
Jennifer Bond

Will

Post by Will »

WAY super cool dog house, what else can I say?
As for bailing out the window, that tends to leave scratches from the dog's claws. The open door is easier from him to exit from. I have seen a screed that dropped down allowing the dog to exit thru the open window.

Officer Lavine said "my radio is acting up, would you check it out?" I replied "sure thing" opening the door to his patrol car and remembering at that split second, officer Lavine is a K9 officer, OPPS. (1982, South Gate, CA PD). "Nice doggie"
CHEFA2001
Banned

JJbond

Post by CHEFA2001 »

JJ Bond, Had to mention, that you're quite an attractive woman....

The pics with you & the dog in that compentition are good....

PS, The link on your page to the music was also cool!

Ciao
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”