03 Tundra Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard Collier

03 Tundra Install

Post by Richard Collier »

ImageImageImage
tvsjr

Re: 03 Tundra Install

Post by tvsjr »

Not bad at all...

- Move that speaker - your right knee will thank you if you get in a wreck. Where it is, you'll shatter your knee/leg and make it more likely that you can't self-extricate.
- Lose the glass-mount!

For serious points, lose that antenna on the front and install a proper ball mount...
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Richard,

Nice work. I give up; Where do you have the Spectra with the Emergency button stashed?

Regards,
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Tom in D.C. wrote:Richard,

Nice work. I give up; Where do you have the Spectra with the Emergency button stashed?

Regards,
Over the rear-view mirror, it appears. A photo of that head with slightly less zoom would be nice!
firefighter13669
New User
What radios do you own?: M1225,F3161,F70,F5061,F33,F50V

Post by firefighter13669 »

Looks Good!

I agree you should move the speaker and what the heck maybe add a few more NMO Mounts but over all the truck looks good.
KC2VHB
HarrisonRHW
What radios do you own?: Waris Stuff

Post by HarrisonRHW »

I have a 02 4Runner, so I have the same issue with space, I'm just uneasy about having them installed like that... but nice job
Richard Collier

I had the same issue but did not want to remove the console,it was the easy was out without making a total custom fiber glass or metal floor mount.
medicnurse
What radios do you own?: XTL5000;XTL2500,XTS5000,

Post by medicnurse »

Nice work, i have a 05 double cab would like to see a few more pictures of the wiring and where everything else is located as far as power block, wire coming off the battery, relays,and where the rest of the remote mount equipment is located.
Richard Collier

Radios are as follows,x9000Lb under passenger seat, the rest of the radios are behind the 60/40 seat in the rear. All radios have a programming plug hard wired to them to aid in programming them without pulling the seat.Power block is also behind seat and relays are under the console depending what it controls.es Offroad light for example,relays are under the hood next to the batteries ect. Will see if I can did up some pictures.
hfradionut
New User

Post by hfradionut »

I love the install.starting one on my ford ranger.but man I love those rims on that truck.do you know what brand they are?? And who sells them.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”