portable charger conversion

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

srfd3101
New User

portable charger conversion

Post by srfd3101 »

I have a pr400 portable charger, i am wanting to put in a car to charge from 12 volts, can i just plug it straight into 12 volts or do i need to keep the transformer in the link?
madfrenchie
What radios do you own?: PM1500, APX 7000

Re: portable charger conversion

Post by madfrenchie »

srfd3101 wrote:I have a pr400 portable charger, i am wanting to put in a car to charge from 12 volts, can i just plug it straight into 12 volts or do i need to keep the transformer in the link?
Check the output voltage of the transformer, If it states 12V out then yes you can connect directly to 12 volts without the transformer (Make sure to use the correct size fuse on the positive lead.)

You can use the Amperage listed on the transformer as a guide to what size fuse you will need.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”