Motorola MDT 9100-386 power connection

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

carland
New User

Motorola MDT 9100-386 power connection

Post by carland »

So here's the scenario. I bought a Motorola MDT 9100-386 and I'm trying to figure out how to connect the power to it. This is what I have observed so far. There are two connections that I suspect to be for power. On each of the connections, one terminal is bare metal, the other has a plastic body around it. I can guess that the +ve one is the plastic covered one and maybe is powered by 12V. Other than that I'm not sure about anything else. Can anyone please help? And are there two connections? Thanks a lot in advance
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Motorola MDT 9100-386 power connection

Post by FireCpt809 »

It is the same as a radius,gm300, low power radio. Many years ago we had a "Y" splitter for a power cable. The outside is the 12v + the covered is ground on the power cable the covered is 12v+
carland
New User

Post by carland »

Thanks FireCpt809. I'll look for a power supply and cable & see if I can get it to work
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The power connector commonly used by Motorola is an automotive item that was once, and still may be, used by Ford. They can also be found by the ton at hamfests.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”