Cartel CT-1000 & CT-2000

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Cartel CT-1000 & CT-2000

Post by Jim1348 »

http://www.bluecarphone.com/

I know that others have made fun of this on other forums, but I can see some utility to this. For example, I have both a Garmin Nuvifone G60 and a Garminfone. If I am in my vehicle, there is a good chance that my phone is in the windshield mount, probably being used as a GPS and/or to play streaming internet radio or cached content. So, if I get a call, I have to either use the speaker phone function, which isn't all that great sounding or pull the phone out of the mount. I earlier CT-1000 seems to be available on Ebay for around $135 shipped. I might actually be tempted to try this sometime! (Yes, I AM a gadget guy!)

Would this make sense for certain vehicle installs? Has anybody here ever heard of this. I guess to be real honest, as much as I like my Android phone, there was a certain utility to having a hard wired phone back in the day! Now if they could add an external antenna, then it would be really retro and useful!
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: Cartel CT-1000 & CT-2000

Post by Motoboy »

I believe Motorola still makes a wire-in car phone. I think it is called the M900. I installed a M800 with Verizon service as recently as last summer. It is pretty much the same form factor, with connections that pull power from the vehicle, a wired external speaker and mic, and an external roof-mounted antenna.

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
nypd

Post by nypd »

i use to have a ct-1000 paid about $800 when it first came out installed, great item, but i heard the ct-2000 isnt as good, and i know the owner's brother personally
im always looking for t-band radio's... especially sabers..
Johnny Grep
What radios do you own?: M/A-COM's

Post by Johnny Grep »

How did you guys like the CT-1000? Considering buying one for my service vehicle. One can never have enough handsets. :)
truck26
New User

Post by truck26 »

had the ct-1000 in my last car. I was very happy with the system. loved the handset as well!
Johnny Grep
What radios do you own?: M/A-COM's

Post by Johnny Grep »

Good to know. I'm actually actively looking for one. Noticed that they were available on Amazon for around $250. Missed a couple of deals on eBay... sigh.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”