L44W & L44AW Connector Installation help - Fixed site

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Johnno
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTL2.5K,XTS2.5k, P25 stuff....

L44W & L44AW Connector Installation help - Fixed site

Post by Johnno »

Hi,

This is for a fixed site install, not a vehicle but I thought this forum would be best.

Can someone assist with a cutting guide in .pdf or similar please. They used to come in the box with the connector. Unfortunately I'm using recycled L44W and L44AW connectors and don't have the dimensions for the cutting of the outer shield and foam dielectric insulation.

I am trying to terminate some LDF4-50a and can't find my old hardline spec sheets. I've trawled the web and come up with nothing. If you don't have the sheet a link to the doc would be OK.

I haven't done this for years and I'm making a mess of it so far. With each attempt my LDF gets a little shorter.
If I keep going like this pretty soon my 30' cable run will only be good for a patch line!!!!

Thanks in advance,

John
gtriever

Re: L44W & L44AW Connector Installation help - Fixed site

Post by gtriever »

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”