Secure remote mount problems......Help please!!

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

batwing99

Secure remote mount problems......Help please!!

Post by batwing99 »

:roll:

Question: Why is it that when I attempt to load my low power Spectra through the remote mount microphone plug, with the KVL, it will not take the keyload, but fail. If I attempt to load via the microphone in a "NONE REMOTE" configuration, it works fine. I had to do this way, then unplug the display, and reconfigure while maintaining power to the radio, or I loose my secure key load.

Can anyone advise on how to load using the remote mount?

Thanks!!!!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

So when trying to load the key, its not taking it at the radio, but it will at the head?

Was this a field upgrade from a dash mount to a remote mount?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
batwing99

Remote Loading

Post by batwing99 »

It will load fine if the display head is mounted on the radio. IF I remove the display and configure the radio for remote, it will not accept the load via the display head. I have been told I need a different cover for the radio remote configuration, and load it from the radio, regardless if the display is at the front of vehicle. I am told now that no remote spectra will load from the remote head, but only from the radio.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

That would be correct. There is a faceplate for the RADIO that has the DB25 connector, and a plug for the KVL. In a remote configuration the key is loaded into the radio, not the head.

If you search the archives here, there is a part number for the kit, and for the faceplate. I will take a look for the part number when I get a chance.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
elkbow

Post by elkbow »

If you read Motorola programming literature, you will find that motorola say 'NO' to programming through any remote head configuration. On my CDM1250, it does all kinds of flaky things when trying to program through the remote head, I have to put head back on main unit to program.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”