Install pictures on the '03 Ranger...

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Install pictures on the '03 Ranger...

Post by nmfire10 »

Well, the only thing motorola in it right now is a portable, but what the heck. Visit my website to see what I have done so far. Go to the "2003 Ranger section"...

http://www.lawrenceweb.net
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Nice job. The control head for the LED's seem to be a little overkill, but it fits so nicely! :)

BTW: Ever seen/use the new CENTCOM controller?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

Nice looking truck! What all does the EDGE mean? What additional does that give you? You going to put in a similiar setup to the '91?
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
Matt
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XTL5000

Post by Matt »

Nice setup Matt, one question though - what's the button do thats to the right of the Am/Fm Radio and below the power plug do? CD Changer?
Matt
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

The 1991 is gone. Traded it in.

Yes, the HFS4 is a bit overkill. I had it sitting in my garage for a year and figured "what the hell, no holes to drill, I'll use this!" I still don't have a use for all the switches.

"Edge" gives you a few things. THe body style is really nice, it has a higher factory ride-hight. The "Edge Plus" brings power everything, bucket seats, and a six disc in dash CD Player.

That little button is actually to turn off the factory fog lights. They come on with the parking lights, that switch disables them.

I've never used the "Cencom" unit but it looks like a great unit. Covers everything with a remote control and USB Programable.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Looks really nice. All them blue LEDs must've been a pretty penny though. I like the DOT HazMat guide in the pocket in the door...nice touch.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
USCGTC

Nice

Post by USCGTC »

Wow that looks really good. The 911ep LEDs are BRIGHT :roll: . Even during the day. I think im gonna have to get a pair.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Actually, the LED's look like Whelen's...

But let me ask you guys this.... is it me, or does is seem like that if you are looking at red/blue strobes or LED's. that the red looks higher (or lower) then the blue? I am sure its some type optical illusion, anyone know why?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”