Chevy Silverado 2008 Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

Chevy Silverado 2008 Install

Post by tuckerm »

Well, I finally got a second to take a picture of my new truck's setup. I'm missing a plate for the console...don't judge ;). I finally got rid of my Stratus (http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94535)

Equipment:
Motorola XTL-2500
Uniden BCD996XT
Uniden BCD996T
Ram Mount console, switches.
Whelen Traffic director for the traffic director in the back.
Whelen Slimlighter for front.
Some Sirennet.com cheap lights for the alley.
Garmin GPS Receiver
Antennas are EMs from WISCOMM: EMFLX-M10001 - Poly Spring VHF/UHF BB Quarter-Wave Roof Mount 108-520 MHz Antenna - ShopWiscomm - Communication Solutions

Yes, I drilled. GPS isn't hooked up yet by the visible serial cable in a few shots ;)

Console:

Close up:

Dark Shot:

Antennas (missing the GPS antenna for the scanners):
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
wnyevs
What radios do you own?: CDM1250 VHF, XTS3000 M1 UHF

Re: Chevy Silverado 2008 Install

Post by wnyevs »

Looks awesome!

It is hard to tell in your pictures, do you have the electronic 4wd switch or the floor shifter?

I am looking for a console but I have the floor shifter.
Carl Bourke - Owner
WNY Emergency Vehicle Solutions
www.wnyevs.com
owner@wnyevs.com
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

wnyevs wrote:Looks awesome!

It is hard to tell in your pictures, do you have the electronic 4wd switch or the floor shifter?

I am looking for a console but I have the floor shifter.
I do not have the floor shifter but you can move the console back far enough it should work. I believe they have designed this for a floor shifter as well. Check out their website to be sure.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
HFD525
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by HFD525 »

Love the XTL radio! Plan on getting me one one day
W1HVN
What radios do you own?: MX300 w/DVP

Post by W1HVN »

tuckerm:
A standard width Havis will just about sit center of the mid seat area with the floor shifter, it may be just a tad bit right, but hardly noticable. Use the seat brackets with the track, then you can position the console as far left as possible. Test fitted on 2011 Silverado HD.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Updated my truck and added the BCD536HP with a GPS antenna to my truck.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”