Astro intermod issue...looks like I've got you all stumped!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Ray D. O'Mann #2

Post by Ray D. O'Mann #2 »

Re-Posted 16 Mar 2002 - rdo2
I've got a strange one. Now, I am familiar with the infrastructure of the system in this case, and here goes. It is comprised of two sites with four conventional Astro channels (each) simulcast. Lying roughly in between is the location in question, a parking lot. Two channels at each site have different network ID's. Now, what is happening, is when the mobile (Spectra) is on one Astro channel, the radio functions normally on that channel, *AND* one of the other Astro channels is also heard, on the same mode. The radio is not programmed for scan, nor is it programmed with the other channel. I have NOT noted that both transmissions happen at the SAME time (yet), just that the traffic is heard on what appears to be the wrong channel, without affecting normal use of that mode. Any suggestions? *we did try modifying the mic for permament out-of-monitor state, wondering if this may have permitted the wrong system to be heard as a result of a strange intermod generated at the site (diff. freqs) Any suggestions? PS tried swapping mobiles and also, this is NOT heard at any other location.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ray D. O'Mann #2 on 2002-03-16 18:24 ]</font>

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”